Sunday, May 20, 2007

Maiden Voyage

After months, if not years, of failing to maintain a blog, I am about to start again. Cross your fingers.

I was rifling through June Tree by Peter Balakian this morning, and hit upon the poem The Oriental Rug. I wanted to share the last stanza--

Tyrian purple, from a mollusk shell
lodged in Phoenician sand--
gurgle all your passion in my ear.

I've been thinking lately about how easy it is for me to read others' blogs but not write myself, and how writing has become a school activity only. I used to write all the time, but lately that hasn't been happening. I'm hoping our new project will help change that. I also started a new endeavor with B yesterday--every morning we are waking up early to shake it to Yoga Booty Ballet. Thus dawned a new era of activity in the chronicles of the noushieboushie...



(sadly, this is the best video I could find...)

No comments: