Sunday, May 20, 2007

My Sunday Off

I just got home from my Mom's house, where me, Yoda, Mom, and Carl spent the day hanging out with Meadow and Golly. Carl and Yoda cut down a tree, and then we ate a late lunch of delicious burritos. We also did laundry. And I picked phlox, bleeding hearts, and lilacs and made two pretty bouquets. And Yoda and I went for a walk to the pond with Meadow. It was a good day.

On our way home we decided to stop and pick up some chicken breasts and bell peppers for supper. We quartered yellow, red, and green peppers and lathered them with olive oil and Caribbean Jerk seasoning. We rubbed the same seasoning, along with freshly ground black pepper, into every crevice of the chicken. And then we fired up the grill.

The result was a brilliant, spicy, sweet, juicy and caramelized selection of peppers and chicken. It was a nice way to finish the day.

I'll leave you with this. I thought it was pretty good.



No comments: